Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Music Review #6: Not So Silent....

Silent Civilian's 2006 freshman record Rebirth Of The Temple cannot be summed up with one word, but if I had to it would have to be loud.  This LA based metalcore band has a formula for metal that sounds like metal bands such as Bleed The Sky and Spineshank.

This band has had many members but the four guys they have now are a force to be reckoned with...

The record starts out with hammering timpani drums, a haunted choir, an acoustic guitar and a piano, then it hits....  "Funeral" starts out with a huge guitar rift and then double bass that sounds more like a machine gun then anything else.  "Rebirth of the Temple" shows the diversity of this band intermixed with singing and screaming but don't fret, this mixture does not slow down the intensity of the band one bit.  "Lies In The House Of Shame" is a beat and is one of my favorite track on the record but "Dead to Me" is my favorite track on the record.

Summation: 3/5 because I love metal and its a solid first try, but from what I was told this was going to be one of the hardest records I have heard in a long time, I guess they haven't heard of Meshuggah....

No comments:

Post a Comment