Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Music Review #7: Real Country Music...

I think I will change the tempo up with this review and toss you something that you might not expect.  I love country music, but not this bullcrap they are calling country music now a days.  I mean like Johnny Cash, George Jones, Conway Twitty and Willie Nelson.  If non of the names I have just named rang a bell  and you like country music or even know anything about music you need to slam your head up against the closest metal poll you can find.

Willie Nelson, as much as an icon as Johnny Cash has made a country record of country records.  In the time of what I have been calling "Rocuntry" non of these wanna be country music stars could ever hold the guitar strap of this master singer/songwriter/poet/activist.  Mr. Nelson has made a country record that might bring back the style of Conway Twitty, titled Country Music it is no big surprise that that is just what it is.  I recommend this album to everyone, country fan or not because Willie Nelson is magical, I will only be touching on a few of the 16 tracks on this album, but you should really listen to it, it's amazing..

Man With The Blues is the first song on this album and it sets just the right tone to have set for this astonishing record.  Willies voice just gets so much better with age.  Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down is a banjo an accordion a violin and a didgeridoo, one of my favorite tracks on the album for its simplicity.  Freight Train Boogie is about Casey Jones and this tune will make you want to line dance till the cow's come home.  Pistol Packin' Mama is another great little ditty but Nobody's Fault But Mine is my favorite song on the album.

Summation: 5/5 because Willie Nelson has put together a record that is so country it makes me want to get cowboy boots and do the Boot Scootin Boogie..

No comments:

Post a Comment