Monday, August 9, 2010

Music Review #11: Keeping Me Speechless.....

I will try to keep this as biases as humanly possible but Norma Jean is one not if my favorite metal bands so I'll do my best to keep this level.  Meridional is the fifth studio album from this christian metal powerhouse and they have done it once again.  I know that Norma Jean lost a lot of credibility from the albums Redeemer and The Anti- Mother but this is so back to the roots of Oh God, The Aftermath (I think) that they are back, but I never thought they had left since I have fallen in love with the other two records.  So let's jump into this epic masterpiece...



The opening track "Leaderless and Self Enlisted" let you know the caliber of musicianship you are going to get from the get go.  Yes, it might sound a bit different from the other albums, but since there are only two original members, there should be change.  "Bastardizer" is another song that just grabs you and tears you limb from limb.  It's hard for me to pick the parts I don't enjoy of this record because there really is not anything I don't enjoy, except that its kinda short, just over a hour is not enough!!! 


In Summation:  5/5 because this is a solid record and well.. its just epic all around....

Favorite Tracks: A Media Friendly Turn For The Worse, Blood Runner, High Noise Low Output

No comments:

Post a Comment