Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Born This Way..

So I am not going to do a full review of this album but just what I think are the highlights and yes, low lights as well.  First off this album is really good, but it's not as good as everyone thinks it is.  Don't get me wrong, Lady Gaga is total freak show and I love her for that, being different that is, but some of the songs are just rather... blah...

First the Highlights:  Government Hooker is a awesome song and very radical in its lyrical content.  The first track "Marry The Night" should haven been one of the singles since its very up beat and dancable.  The best song on the album in my opinion is "Edge of Glory"  I have a few thoughts about this song, one is that her next album is going to be the best one that she will ever do.  I say this because this is the last song on this album and I think its the strongest track on the album, by far, hands down.

Low Lights:  I really don't like talking badly about bands since they are in one and I am not, but I can give my opinion.  I am rather tired of Lady Gaga saying her own name in mostly all the songs on the first album she put out and I was rather happy that she only said it once or twice in the entirety of "Born This Way".  My other gripe is her basically stealing melodies from the Diva of all Divas; Madonna.  "Born This Way" sounds a lot alike to Madonna's song "Express Yourself".  I haven't even listen to Madonna since the early 90's and I could hear it.  Go Youtube it and if you disagree place leave a comment.

Summation: 4/5 since I really like Lady Gaga and her new album is rather good, I just don't think she will leave a musical mark on the industry like Madonna has.

No comments:

Post a Comment